Careers @ YVG
Working at Yarra Valley Grammar is a fantastic career move!
Hallmarks of our School's culture include a positive approach to learning and a 'can do' attitude amongst both staff and students. Our vibrant staff are welcoming and collegial, and our School is supported by a thriving wider community.
12 Month Contract for 2015
Yarra Valley Grammar is a co-educational school catering for students from our Early Learning Centre through to Year 12. An exciting opportunity exists to join our enthusiastic team as Classroom Teacher in the Junior School.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent communicator, working comfortably in a close, team environment
- Have a sound and current knowledge of the core primary subject areas of Literacy, Numeracy, and Integrated Studies
- Be highly competent in the use of ICT within the classroom and familiar with iPad use and APPS in a classroom setting
- Apply curriculum knowledge and teaching methods which facilitate successful student learning
- Provide an organised, balanced and challenging program which is relevant to the needs of the students and consistent with the aims and objectives of the School and the Department
- Use a range of effective teaching methods, taking into account each individual student’s learning style
- Encourage students to achieve their personal best
- Strive to ensure participation of all students in the learning process
- Regularly assess and provide feedback on students’ work
- Regularly monitor, review and respond to the effectiveness of the learning program
Click on the position title above for a Position Description. Applications in writing or via email should be sent by Friday 26 September 2014, to:
Dr Mark Merry
Yarra Valley Grammar
Kalinda Road, Ringwood, 3134