On behalf of all of us here at Yarra, I congratulate our Class of 2022 on their success in the VCE this year.I am delighted to announce that all students achieved their VCE and the results this year were by far the strongest in the history of VCE at the School.
Some important statistics include:
• One in four study scores (25.1%) were 40 or above
• The Median study score was 35
• There were 13 perfect scores of 50
• Over 44% of all students in the year level received an ATAR over 90. The state average is 9%
• The Median ATAR was 87.13 meaning that half the students in the cohort scored in the top 13% in the state
• Six students were nominated for Top Arts and Top Designs in the Visual Arts
The Dux of the School is Charles Kuang who achieved a perfect ATAR of 99.95.
We are delighted with the academic efforts of the Class of 2022. These very strong academic results were achieved by students who participated fully in the co-curricular life of the School throughout their time with us. They also showed great modelling and leadership in their final year as seniors. The combination of supportive parents, effective schoolwide initiatives to improve teaching and learning, committed and skilful staff, a strong culture of excellence and aspirational and hardworking students has all contributed to these very pleasing results.
Our students come to us with their own gifts, skills and abilities and we encourage all to attempt Year 12. The emphasis in the VCE at our School has always been on achieving personal best and we are delighted with our VCE results this year and we wish the Class of 2022 all the best with their future endeavours.
Dr Mark Merry