Due to the high volume of calls received, we request you to email any queries to scholarships@YVG.vic.edu.au . Please DO NOT call admissions for scholarship queries.
Registrations for 2023 Scholarships are open now with all applications closing on 30 July. Any applications received after this date will not be considered. Please note step number one in the scholarships process must be completed ASAP. Also note that no scholarship examination will be held this year.
Academic Scholarships are offered to students entering Years 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11.
Academic Scholarships are awarded on the basis of the student’s results from the NAPLAN and school reports.
General Excellence Scholarships are offered for entry into Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. There are two categories available under this criterion,
1. GE sports
General Excellence Scholarships are awarded on the basis of the following,
Criteria for Selection
· Demonstrated academic achievement and potential
· Excellence in one or more areas, other than academic e.g. State or Regional Sports representation or demonstrated exceptional performance across multiple sports (applicable to GE sports applicants only)
· High level of application to all classroom and extracurricular activities
· Leadership within his or her areas of expertise
· Potential to make a positive contribution to all school activities
Music Scholarships are offered for entry into Year 7 to 11. We look for students who either already have excellent skills on their instrument or show high potential to develop excellent skills.
Students should be learning at the following levels:
Year 7 and 8 entry
Cello, piano, flute, clarinet, violin, saxophone - Grade 5 AMEB or above
All other instruments - Grade 4 AMEB or above
Year 9, 10 and 11 entry
Cello, piano, flute, clarinet, violin, saxophone - Grade 6 AMEB or above
All other instruments - Grade 5 AMEB or above
Students should ideally be able to demonstrate at least two years choral experience with a recognised national level choir such as the Australian Girls’ Choir, the National Boys Choir or similar. We are looking for excellent pitch. Singers who can also play a band or orchestral instrument, or piano will be considered favourably.