Registrations for Scholarship places for 2025 will open end of June.
Due to the high volume of emails and calls received, we are unable to provide a response in relation to the criteria. Please refer to this page for related information and updates.
Academic Scholarships are offered to students entering Years 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11.
Academic Scholarships are awarded on the basis of the student’s results from the NAPLAN and school reports.
General Excellence Scholarships are offered for entry into Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. There are two categories available under this criterion,
1. GE sports
General Excellence Scholarships are awarded on the basis of the following,
Criteria for Selection
· Demonstrated academic achievement and potential
· Excellence in one or more areas, other than academic e.g. State or Regional Sports representation or demonstrated exceptional performance across multiple sports (applicable to GE sports applicants only)
· High level of application to all classroom and extracurricular activities
· Leadership within his or her areas of expertise
· Potential to make a positive contribution to all school activities
Music Scholarships are offered for entry into Year 7 to 11. We look for students who either already have excellent skills on their instrument or show high potential to develop excellent skills.
Students should be learning at the following levels:
Year 7 and 8 entry
Cello, piano, flute, clarinet, violin, saxophone - Grade 5 AMEB or above
All other instruments - Grade 4 AMEB or above
Year 9, 10 and 11 entry
Cello, piano, flute, clarinet, violin, saxophone - Grade 6 AMEB or above
All other instruments - Grade 5 AMEB or above
Students should ideally be able to demonstrate at least two years choral experience with a recognised national level choir such as the Australian Girls’ Choir, the National Boys Choir or similar. We are looking for excellent pitch. Singers who can also play a band or orchestral instrument, or piano will be considered favourably.
Please note that the Scholarship testing results will NOT be provided to parents or guardians.