Dear Parents and Carers,
As you will no doubt be aware, with new COVID-19 cases identified in northern Melbourne, the State Government has
updated its COVID Safe measures.
At the time of writing, there is no indication that there will be another lockdown, therefore operations on site remain largely unchanged.
Please take the time to carefully read through the information below. We ask that you discuss this information with your child/ren tonight so that collectively, we all respond appropriately to these new guidelines.
As always, please ensure that if you or your child have any symptoms of COVID-19 – such as fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, chills or sweats, or change in sense of smell or taste – please arrange to be tested immediately and isolate until you receive a negative result.
On advice of public health experts, from 6pm tonight, Yarra Valley Grammar will continue its normal operations with the modifications as listed below:
1. Face masks will need to be worn indoors for all staff, and students in Middle and Senior School, unless an exemption applies, until further notice. Please ensure your child has a mask with them each day.
2. Year 7 Camp will continue in Marysville and we will monitor any developments that may impact upon it. Face masks have been arranged for each student and staff member when indoors.
3. The AGSV has advised that Saturday Sport will proceed as scheduled with masks mandatory indoors for spectators and coaches, and for players whilst on the bench. Spectators outdoors are advised to socially distance and cannot exceed more than 30 people in a group and are prohibited from gathering on the field during the breaks.
4. Students must continue to wear masks at all times whilst on any form of public transport, including School buses.
5. With regards to any upcoming excursions and school related events your child may be involved in, the School will contact the relevant providers and advise accordingly.
6. Junior School parents and carers may continue with the current practice of entering the school grounds for pick up and drop off and must adhere to the following regulations:
- Remain outdoors and maintain social distancing at all times
- QR Code at Reception if onsite for more than 15 minutes.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and will advise you of any updates.
Thank you for your assistance and co-operation with these requirements.
Dr Mark Merry